How to Become a Contractor
All products and services offered through HGACBuy have been subjected to a competitive bid or proposal process, subsequently resulting in the award of a blanket contract(s). Becoming an HGACBuy Contractor requires that you go through that process with us when we do a solicitation for the products and/or services which you offer.
Most of our contracts run for a term of two years, dictating that the solicitation process for a product/service is undertaken on that same schedule, i.e. every two years.
The HGACBuy Solicitation Process
- Draft specifications are prepared and an Invitation to Attend Pre-Bid/Proposal Conference is sent to known interested parties. It is also posted on our website and published in certain newspapers, per legal requirements.
- The Pre-Bid/Proposal conference is held in our offices on the specified date and time.
- Input received from interested parties is reviewed, and the Invitation to Submit Competitive Bids/Proposals is issued.
- Responses are publicly opened at the designated time and place.
- Responses are evaluated in accordance with established criteria and contract award recommendations are made to H GAC's Board of Directors.
- Contracts are offered to the successful bidders/proposers, and go into effect after signed and returned.
The products and services currently offered though HGACBuy can be found on our Products and Services page.
Products and Services not offered currently maybe considered for addition at H-GAC's sole determination
HGACBuy is a growing nationwide Program with End Users in most states. We intend that our contracted products and services be available to all of them, no matter where located. Therefore, we want to establish contracts directly with manufacturers, nationwide distributors, and other providers at a corporate level. This does not preclude the handling of HGACBuy business thru local dealers. Regardless of the marketing structure, we want the involvement and commitment of the senior levels of management in any organization wishing to be a part of HGACBuy, and we want such organizations to have a nationwide footprint.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to participate in our Program's solicitation process to possibly become an HGACBuy Contractor, check the Bid Notices page periodically for a bid invitation or RFP that encompasses products or services which you can supply. Download the documents when they are posted and follow the instructions therein.
New Products and Services
If you supply products or services that are not covered in a current category, please send an email to BidSpec@h-gac.com expressing your interest. Your email should include:
- Company Name
- Mailing Address
- Contact Person Name
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Email Address
- Products and Services Offered
- A link to your organization’s website
- Description of the geographic area served
NOTE: Providing information does not make you an HGACBuy Contractor. You must first participate in a formal solicitation process, and then, if your response is successful, execute specific formal contract.