How to Become an End User
To become an End User (Member) and participate in purchasing through HGACBuy, you must:
- Be a state agency, county, municipality, special district, or other political subdivision of a state, or a qualifying non-profit corporation (providing one or more governmental function or service)
- Possess legal authority to enter into the Contract.
The End User warrants that both requirements are fulfilled by execution of an Interlocal Contract (ILC).
Types of Participating End Users:
- Municipalities, Cities, Counties and State Agencies
- Councils of Government
- Schools, School Districts, Colleges, Universities
- Hospitals and Hospital Districts
- Emergency Medical Services and Services Districts
- Volunteer Fire Departments and Rural Fire Prevention Districts
- Special Law Enforcement Jurisdictions
- Judicial Courts & Districts
- Emergency Communications Districts
- Utility Districts (MUDs, WCIDs, Irrigation, etc.)
- Special Districts
- Authorities (Airport, Port, River, Water, Toll Road, etc.)
- State Agencies
- Not-for-Profit Corporations [501(c)(3)] providing government function or service
Steps for Completing and Executing the ILC
Complete the Interlocal Contract Form *(This step will only need to be completed once.)
Print or Save the completed ILC form.
Secure a signature by an individual with authority to contractually bind your entity.
Deliver the signed copy of the ILC to HGACBuy via email, fax, or mail (See details below).
If you require a contract original, print and sign two (2) contracts.
H-GAC will execute the contract and return a copy to you electronically.
H-GAC Cooperative Purchasing Program
P.O. Box 22777
Houston, TX 77227-2777
Special Requirements for Non-Profit Corporations
Qualifying non-profit corporations providing one or more government services (e.g. Volunteer Fire Departments, Emergency Medical Services) must also submit the following items together with the ILC documents:
- Copy of 501(c)(3) Form
- Copy of Charter and By-Laws highlighting section(s) demonstrating that your organization performs a governmental service.
- Certification of the governmental service(s) that your organization performs. (Form included in the Non-Profit ILC)